Orientation Sign-up for Faculty and Staff STUDENTS DO NOT REGISTER HERE!
Advising Resources for Faculty
SCORECard - degree audit program
Watch the faculty training video:
- CPC deficiency classes can now count toward a student's program of study (if taken summer 2014 or later)
- TCSG BIOL classes are now accepted by GHC:
BIOL 2113 & 2113L = BIOL 2121K; BIOL 2114 & 2114L = BIOL 2122K; BIOL 2117 & 2117L = BIOL 2161K
- Effective fall 2014: New Music and Music Business programs
- Effective summer 2014 Spanish 1001 will no longer be a class taught solely for CPC credit.
- Effective spring 2014, students taking ANY science EXCEPT for BIOL 1010K must have exited all learning support.
- Effective immediately, business majors must take Acct 2101 and 2102, Econ 2105 and 2105 AND may CHOOSE TWO from these FOUR: BUSA 2105, BUSA 2205, BUSA 1105, BUSA 2106
- Students interested in our RN to BSN program should contact Charlene Jablonsky or Dr. Janet Alexander (http://www2.highlands.edu/site/bsn
- Course Options for those with Learning Support Classes
- MATH LS Sheet
- Math Pathways Sheet - suggested paths by major
- ENGL LS Sheet
FCST 1010 Requirement
Students with one or more Learning Support requirements must take FCST 1010 their first term.
- These students may use FCST 1010 to satisfy the PHED activity course requirement (NOT PHED 1010, but the second 2-hour PHED elective requirement), should their program require a PHED elective course.
Early Bird Advising
- EBA appointments can be made throughout the term. Be sure to note in ScoreCard that your advisee had an EBA appointment so they will be eligible for early registration.
- The eScheduler may be very helpful for you to use for making EBA appointments - Go to: wass.highlands.edu
- ScoreCard help for students can be found here: http://www2.highlands.edu/site/advising-scorecard
- ScoreCard tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDMELV_jrmk (note: has last year’s term date)
- ScoreCard PP: https://www2.highlands.edu/inc/files/userfiles/27-09fc79752dc772d-27-3eee157ab297c65-DegreeWorksFaculty.pdf
- Tutorial on the eScheduler: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtdyYW0opbo
- Here are helpful FAQs on the e-Scheduler: https://wass.highlands.edu/pages/faq.page.php
- The eLearning team has great online training for Collaborate: http://www2.highlands.edu/site/welcome-to-collaborate
- More on the EBA advising page: http://www2.highlands.edu/site/advising-early-bird-advising
- You can ask for custom workshops for your faculty group or a one-on-one tutoring in any of the three resources above by emailing email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional Advising Resources
- Resources & Referrals Info.
- Course Delivery Options PowerPoint
- Nursing Program PowerPoint
- Why Spanish is Important flyer