The Tutorial Center provides tutorial services to all GHC students:
Face-to-face tutoring in math, English, reading, and some sciences is available to all currently enrolled students.
- Tutoring hours are offered on the Rome, Cartersville, Marietta, Paulding, and Douglasville sites.
- No appointment is necessary. Drop by one of our centers during the hours posted here and see a tutor today.
Online tutoring through Brainfuse is available to students enrolled in any online class.
- To create a free Brainfuse account, follow the instructions found here.
- Hours and availability of Brainfuse tutors are posted once you sign in.
The Tutorial Center also provides:
- Information and practice for standardized tests for the college: COMPASS, SAT, ACT, GACE Basic Skills, and TEAS
- Assistance with software used in GHC classes
- Workshops in special areas of study
The purpose of the Georgia Highlands College Tutorial Center is to help students to improve their academic skills and succeed in their chosen college curriculum. The staff of the Tutorial Center is dedicated to helping students acquire the skills to become independent learners and enhancing the education received by students in the classroom. Tutors do not grade papers or in any way substitute for classroom instruction and course instructors provide the standard for grading.
Come check out our new space in Cartersville room 113!