Georgia Highlands College
Employee Recognition Program
Recognition Program Goals
- Support quality teaching and learning;
- Provide outstanding customer service in all aspects of student and community interaction;
- Embrace innovation, particularly in technology, in all endeavors;
- Achieve operational excellence.
- Awards are based on results or behaviors that lead directly to the accomplishment of the institution’s mission and goals.
- All nominees must work at least 30 hours on a regular basis and have completed a six month provisional period.
- All monetary awards are subject to federal and state taxes.
- Employees who are currently the subject of a disciplinary action are not eligible to receive a recognition award.
The nomination/selection process requirements consist of the following:
- Nominations of eligible employees are welcomed by employees, students and community members;
- All nominations must be submitted with a nomination narrative;
- A nomination narrative should be a maximum of 2 pages;
- A nomination narrative should include a level of detail sufficient enough to evaluate the nominee’s actions or behaviors.
- Coordination of the Employee Recognition Program is the responsibility of the ERP Committee.
- Winner selection will be based on committee review.
- Unless otherwise noted, winners will be informed of selection during the annual award ceremony at Fall In-Service.