Home (www2) > Compliance > Policy and Procedure Manual > Dropping A Class After MidSemester
Printer Friendly Version

Dropping A Class After MidSemester

Dropping A Class After Mid-Semester

In order to drop a class after mid-semester without penalty, a student may apply for a hardship withdrawal. The hardship withdrawal application form is available in the Office of the Vice President for Academic Affairs located on the Floyd Campus, or from any other administrative office at any campus location. In addition, this form is online at www.highlands.edu (click on Quick Links/Academic Affairs/Forms/Hardship Withdrawals). Dropping after mid-semester will result in a grade of WF unless the student presents documentation of extenuating circumstances and the hardship is approved by the Vice President for Academic Affairs.

If the hardship is not approved by the Vice President for Academic Affairs, the student will receive a WF as a course grade. If the hardship is approved, the student may receive a W. The possibility that a student may fail a course after mid-semester will not be considered a hardship.

While a grade change to a W help a student's academic status (GPA), it could still have an adverse affect on the student's financial aid. For further information on Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP), refer to the policy that is found here: http://www2.highlands.edu/currentstudents/financialaid/progress.htm.


Page last updated: August 7, 2017