GHC Mission and Goals
Mission and Institutional Goals
The mission of Georgia Highlands College, a state college of the University System of Georgia, is to provide access to excellent educational opportunities for the intellectual, cultural and physical development of a diverse population through pre-baccalaureate associate degree transfer programs, career associate degree programs, and targeted baccalaureate degree programs that meet the economic development needs of the region.
To achieve this mission of being a gateway to success for students, Georgia Highlands College has articulated the following goals:
- Effect quality teaching and learning focused on academic achievement and personal and professional growth.
- Provide comprehensive student services that encourage and enable all students to be successful learners.
- Engage students in a challenging atmosphere that prepares them for responsibility and leadership in an evolving global environment.
- Utilize appropriate technologies to advance programs, services and operations to support teaching and learning.
- Maintain efficient and effective administrative services and facilities to support all programs of the college.
- Foster community relationships that facilitate partnering for mutual success.