Mission & Outcomes
The mission of the Department of New Student and Retention Program seeks to cultivate a student-centered culture in which students feel valued and are inspired to realize their full potential. Our programs support and advance students throughout their academic journey, from enrollment to completion, by fostering persistence, encouraging participation, and promoting student development, both academically and personally.
The Department of New Student and Retention Program initiatives will:
1. Collaborate with academic affairs and student affairs to provide purposeful programs, events, services, and activities that promote student development within and beyond the classroom.
2. Provide clear pathways for student success.
3. Acquire and analyze data on student success and retention initiatives.
4. Coordinate efforts relevant to Complete College Georgia and Gateways to Completion.
5. Execute a comprehensive First Year Experience program including new student orientation, freshman seminar, Common Read programming, and service learning.
6. Provide oversight and support for the Success Coach Program.
7. Conduct student success workshops covering a variety of topics, such as study skills, time management, stress management, and financial literacy.