Art History I Annotated
Art History I – ARTS 1111
Annotated Bibliography: Information Competency
The objective of this assignment is to encourage the development of information literacy in students taking art history and art appreciation courses. Information literacy is a set of abilities requiring individuals to recognize when information is needed and have the ability to locate, evaluate, and use effectively the needed information.*
Student Learning Outcomes:
The student will determine the nature and extent of information needed.*
The student will access the needed information effectively and efficiently.*
The student will evaluate information and its sources critically.*
- The student will demonstrate his/her information competency through writing or other modes of communication.
Students will use one of the following research questions (SLO 1) to produce an annotated bibliography (SLO 4).
- The bibliography will consist of a list three to five sources (books, articles, and documents), with each citation followed by a brief paragraph (four to six sentences) that summarizes and evaluates the source (SLO 2, 3).
- Sources must be presented in MLA style and be scholarly in content (SLO 3, 4).
- Bibliographies will be graded using the attached rubric.
- In what ways did the effect of the Black Death manifest themselves in the imagery of the 14th and 15th centuries?
- In what ways did the philosophy of Stoicism affect the artworks of Classical-period Greece? Did Hellenistic art move away from this tradition?
- How did the development of oil painting affect the imagery of Renaissance Europe?