We understand how busy you are so we offer a variety of ways to get the valuable advising you need at GHC.
- Contact our eAdvisor, Leslie Terrell-Payne, via email or phone 706.368.7770 or pay her a visit: Office 223 in Walraven on the Floyd campus
- Participate in Early Bird Advisement in the fall and/or spring semesters
- Meet with a faculty member in your major area (you can do this during EBA or at any time throughout the semester; check your faculty member's office hours or ask at the end of class)
- Schedule a Collaborate meeting (video-conferencing); please put "Meeting Request" in the subject line
- Visit the Advising pages on our website for program maps, FAQs, announcements, and important dates
Why is advising important?
This is a common question and here is the simplest answer: because it will save you time and money by having a plan of what you are doing here at GHC. While program maps are certainly a great tool, it can be confusing to know what math you should take, what science you should take, the number of hours you should take in a given semester, etc. By staying in touch with an advisor (there are professional advisors located on every campus), you can make sure you are taking what is required of your major, discuss the pros and cons of a schedule, and make certain you are adhering to important deadlines like registration and graduation. You can also use SCORECard to monitor your progress here at GHC. Always keep an eye on your GHC email and the homepage for announcements of new courses, important dates, and other timely information.