How to Begin a Personal Relationship with God
It is truly an incredibly awesome concept that the Creator and Sustainer of all things desires an intimate relationship with us.
We invite you to examine and reflect upon this life-altering truth. How? Well, the following scriptural truths form a basic foundation. Check it out. Ask God to give you understanding as you read through the following points
|THE MAIN IDEA||CHECK IT OUT|
|1. About God||Bible Verses|
|a. God is Holy. That means He is more awesome than anything or anyone you know! He is incomprehensible and incomparable. He is absolutely perfect in all He is and does.|
|b. He is Love. His love is perfect. He loves you. He wants the best for you.||
1 John 4:16
|c. He is the all powerful Creator. God created everything (including you); therefore He knows what is best for you. He has also created laws (in other words: guidelines, ways, etc.). These laws are for your good and His glory.||
|2. About You & Me|
|a. None of us have lived a perfect life. Beginning with the first man ever created, Adam, we have all violated God's law in some way. When Adam disobeyed God, a deadly spiritual disease called sin entered the world. As Adam's spiritual descendants, we have all been infected with sin. And, like Adam, we have all sinned against God by breaking His laws.||
|3. God's Provision|
|a. Because God loves you, He actually came to earth in the form of a man to pay the penalty for your sin. His name is Jesus, and He died on a cross to rescue you from sin and its consequences. But death could not defeat Jesus. Three days after He was laid in a tomb, Jesus rose from the grave and He is alive today!|
|b. Because of Jesus' death and resurrection, God now offers you:||2 Corinthians 5:15|
|Forgiveness – There are no barriers between you and God.||
|New Life and a Fresh Start - Through the Holy Spirit, He gives you His very Life. He will lead you into all truth and give you power over sin.||
2 Corinthians 5:17
|Purpose – You can discover and live out the purpose for which you were created.||Ephesians 2:10|
|Eternal Life - You will live with God forever.||John 3:16|
|And more than you can imagine||1 Corinthians 2:9|
|4. Your Decision|
|a. All that God offers you through Jesus is a gift. And though it is free, it was not cheap. It cost God more than we could ever understand.||
Romans 6:23 2 Corinthians 9:15
|b. You cannot earn a gift, nor can a gift be forced on you. But a gift is not yours until you choose to receive it. If you are ready to receive all that God offers you through Jesus, then tell Him so. God will hear your heart, but if it will help, you may use the following simple prayer . . .||
" Dear God, I understand that I have been separated from you by my sin. I thank you, Jesus,
for dying in my place to rescue me from the penalty and power of sin. I am ready to give you control of my life.
Forgive me, fill me with your Spirit, and make me the person you want me to be.
In Jesus' name, Amen."
[If you prayed this prayer and would like to be contacted, please click here.
Now that you have received God's gift and entered into a new relationship with Him, here are some things you need to know!
- Because you have believed and confessed, you are saved (saved from the consequence of being separated from God)! (Romans 10:9-10)
These wonderful things that have now happened to you:
- You have been born again; this means you are a new creation in Christ! (1 Peter 1:23; 2 Corinthians 5:17)
- The Spirit of God (the Holy Spirit) now indwells you and will indwell you forever. He will empower you to maintain an intimate personal relationship with God; and in so doing you will be blessed and He will be glorified. (1 Corinthians 3:16; Romans 8:10-11; 1 Corinthians 6:17)
- All the angels of Heaven are now rejoicing in the decision you have made and we are rejoicing with them. (Luke 15:10)
- Because there was nothing you did to earn your salvation, it is a gift from God; there is now nothing you can ever do to lose your salvation. (Ephesians 2:8-10; John 10:28)
- It is very important for you to grow in your relationship with Jesus Christ. This growth comes through talking to God continually and reading His Word, the Bible, daily. It also comes through meeting with other Christians for fellowship, worship, encouragement, accountability, Bible study and service. Christ followers who meet together for these purposes are known in the Bible as the Church. You need to find and attend a Church that believes and teaches the Bible.
- It is now important for you to express the decision you have made to others. In the next 24 hours, try to tell some other people about your relationship with Jesus Christ.