Community Criminal Justice Scholarship
Applications may be submitted at anytime.
The Community Criminal Justice Scholarship is funded by the Community Criminal Justice Foundation, Inc and Rome Rotary Club. The scholarship is designed to help a Criminal Justice major complete their degree in Criminal Justice from Georgia Highlands College. Two applicants will be awarded a $1500 scholarship each spring semester.
- Desire to pursue and complete a Criminal Justice degree from Georgia Highlands College.
- Minimum GPA of 2.0 and not be eligible for the HOPE scholarship.
- U.S. Citizen currently employed in a law enforcement position, or graduating from a high school located within the service area of Georgia Highlands College or currently pursueing a degree in criminal justice from Georgia Highlands College and experiencing financial hardship.
- Not have been convicted of any crime by any state or federal government for which punishment could have been imprisonment in a federal or state prison or institution nor have been convicted of sufficient misdemeanors to establish a pattern of disregard for the law, provided that, violations of traffic laws and other offenses involving the operation of motor vehicles when the applicant has received a pardon shall not be considered.
- Possess good moral character.
How to Apply:
Submit a typed, double-spaced, 2-4 page essay that addresses the below three questions to Dr. Greg Sumner at firstname.lastname@example.org:
1. What are your educational, professional/career, and personal goals in the field of criminal justice?
2. Assess your abilities, skills, and preparations to handle the challenges of college.
3. How will this scholarship help you achieve your professional/career goals?
Your time and interest are appreciated. We wish you the best of luck in your educational endeavors.