WELCOME, NEW CHARGERS!
Congratulations on your recent acceptance and welcome to the Charger family. One of the first steps to officially becoming a GHC student is attending an orientation for new students. Charger Orientation is designed to help prepare new incoming students for their first year at GHC by providing connection and access to resources. All new students are expected to attend Charger Orientation. Once admitted to the college, students will sign up for Charger Orientation through Orientation Sign Up link on the Check Admissions Status page. All of the orientation dates below will not appear on the Orientation Sign Up at one time. Please check back to sign up for a date that is later in the summer.
Charger Orientation Dates for New Fall 2017 Students:
Thursday, June 22 - 9am
Tuesday, July 11 - 9am
Wednesday, July 26 - 1pm
Wednesday, August 9 - 9am
Monday, June 26 1pm
Wednesday, July 12 9am
Monday, July 24 1pm
Wednesday, August 2 9am
Friday, August 11 9am
Monday, July 10 1pm
Friday, July 21 9am
Thursday, August 10 9am
Friday, June 16 9am
Friday, July 7 9am
Friday, July 21 9am
Friday, August 4 9am
Wednesday, June 21 9am
Monday, July 17 1pm
Tuesday, August 8 9am
DAY OF ORIENTATION: WHAT TO EXPECT
During Charger Orientation you will:
- Get to know GHC faculty and staff
- Learn about campus policies and procedures
- Become familiar with GHC student support services and resources
- Meet individually with an academic advisor to talk about your pathway and classes
- Register for your first semester classes
- Learn how to access your student email, use your D2L account, and access your SCORE account
- Obtain your Charger ID card and your GHC parking pass
- Connect with other new students
- Learn about opportunities to become involved on campus
All of these items are packed into a one day program for your convenience. Orientation sessions last approxiamtely 4 hours. It is imperative that you stay the entire time in order to complete all of the official steps to becoming a Georgia Highlands student.
If you have any questions, need to cancel, or change the date, contact the Orientation staff at email@example.com.
For parents and guests who would like to attend, please sign up for a Charger Orientation session at the Cartersville Campus or the Floyd Campus.