Maximize Your Transfer Power!
Students who earn their associate’s degree from Georgia Highlands can receive credit for it at any University System of Georgia (USG) institution within the same major.
- See Board of Regents Minutes, October 2009, for more details on transfer acceptance of credits between USG schools:
Transfer Planning Steps While at GHC
- Steps for Transferring from GHC to a Four-Year Institution
- Selecting a Four-Year School
- Links to Top GHC Transfer Schools
- Additional links to Georgia institutions--public and private
Make sure your Transfer School is Accredited!!!
- Always verify accreditation before applying to another school.
- The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) is the accrediting agency in the GHC region:
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
- To find the accrediting agency for schools outside the SACS region:
- The Department of Education
- *When in doubt, contact the accrediting agency in your region AND contact a state college or university to inquire whether they will accept credit from the college you are applying. Accreditation gives your degree worth!
Final Steps in Your Transfer Transition
Articulation Agreements & Transfer Policies
- See our Transfer Articulation page
College Search Tools (look up details of potential transfer schools)
- CollegeBoard - College Matchmaker
- National Center for Education Statistics - College Navigator
- Peterson's College Search Guide
- SallieMae's College Search Tool
- The Princeton Review - Best College Search
Further Information to Aid You in Your Transfer
It Never Hurts to Ask!
- Ask the school you plan to transfer to whether they offer 'transfer scholarships.'