Self-directed Study (Chapter 12)
Agents to Treat Fungal Infections
1. List the 2 main problems with treating human fungal infections.
2. List the 4 main drug groups currently in use and a brief description of how they work
3. List 2 more miscellaneous anti-fungal drugs currently in use
1. List 2 examples of synthesized quinolones currently used to treat malaria and indicate which phase of disease they target
2. Which drug is an amoebicide that is effective in treating Entamoeba histolytica infections?
3. List 2 broad-spectrum antiparasitic drugs that are used to treat roundworm intestinal infestations.